- Written employer references provided
- Recommendations provided (such as on LinkedIn)
WE NEED YOUR VOICE – Fewer than 3% of charity trustees are under 30!
Responsibilities of a Trustee:
· Work as part of a team to help set strategies in accordance with our governing document, as well as legal and regulatory guidelines
· Ensure that the Company operates within the legal and financial requirements of the Charity Commission
· Advise, monitor and evaluate the organisation’s progress against its stated aims and objectives
· Attend fundraising and networking events
· Approve annual accounts, finances and strategic plans as a team
· Sit on recruitment, advisory and disciplinary panels as required
· Be a champion and promoter of Artichoke
We would like to reshape our Board through the addition of fresh, insightful young Trustees. We don’t expect you to have previous experience in governance and whilst Trustees are unpaid, the experience that you will gain is invaluable. A background in the arts is not required and we particularly encourage applicants with knowledge or experience in Tech, Science, Media, Environment and the Voluntary Sector to apply.
Skills and Experience Required
What will you get out of this opportunity?
· An induction where you can ask questions and meet the staff
· Mentorship from existing Board Members who will offer support and guidance
· Practical experience in working as a team to make difficult decisions and challenging typical ways of working
· A great experience to add to your CV
· Flexible check-ins to ask questions and strengthen new skills
· The chance to grow your network, meeting people from different professional and working backgrounds
· Invitations to all of our events, launch nights and engagements