Social Media Volunteer, Crossbones Graveyard
Crossbones Graveyard is a stone’s throw away from London Bridge and was boarded up and closed for many years. Behind the hoardings is a post-medieval, un-consecrated pauper’s burial ground with the remains of an estimated 15,000 people buried there. Since January 2015 Friends of Crossbones has been working with Bankside Open Spaces Trust to create a public garden on the site. The site has great local and London-wide significance as a non-denominational, non-judgmental place where the ‘outcast dead’ can be remembered.
We are currently looking to expand the reach of this very special place! We were recently mentioned as one of the top things to do in London and we want to make sure that we are attracting as many people as possible to this special site.
We are looking for someone who is creative and invested in our unique history to help extend our reach and create a buzz around the site, by getting involved with helping run our Instagram and Social Media channels.
You will be working alongside our Crossbones Engagement Manager, Matt, to unpack the history of the site and the many stories that lie within it by creating new engaging content to showcase the uniqueness and the ‘outcast dead’ that are buried there.
- Working alongside Engagement Officer to create unique, creative content that promotes and pays homage to Crossbones.
- To attend an induction with the Engagement Officer to learn about the history of the site.
- To unpack on the history and stories of the site to promote and share the history to the wider public.
- To write short captions and capture footage which can be used on our Social Media platforms.
- Working with BOST ethos and policies and working sensitively to portray the stories of those buried there.
Skills and Experience Required
- Social Media management
- Content Creation