Fashion & Home Lead Volunteer Islington High Street
Hours 6 per week
Closing Date 31 December 2022
Benefits Travel and Lunch expenses in line with Oxfam Policy, Wellness action plan linked to Retail Trust (Financial advice plus Mental Health Support, Volunteering certificate, lots of cookies tea & Coffee.
Volunteering Location 29 Islington High Street, N1 9LH
Volunteering Length 3 months
Supervisor Job Title Shop Manager
References and Recommendations
- Written employer references provided
- Supporting the shop manager with the day-to-day running of the shop according to business demands (sometimes in the absence of the manager).
- Selecting, preparing and pricing donated clothes, books, homewares etc., in line with shop guidelines.
- Taking specific responsibility for tasks such as opening and closing the shop and supervising other volunteers.
- Providing excellent customer service whilst operating the till.
- Completing end-of-day banking.
- Creating attractive displays.
- Promoting our shops to the local community
Skills and Experience Required
- Gaining Experience on how to run a business
- Experience on how to lead a team and how to support volunteers
- Experience on teamwork
- Experience on sustainable business and ethical shopping.