Fashion & Home Lead Volunteer Bethnal Green
Hours 6 per week
Closing Date 31 December 2022
Benefits Travel and Lunch expenses in line with Oxfam Policy, Wellness action plan linked to Retail Trust (Financial advice plus Mental Health Support, Volunteering certificate, lots of cookies tea & Coffee.
Volunteering Location 397-399 Bethnal Green Road, E2 0AN, London
Volunteering Length 3 months
Supervisor Job Title Shop Manager
References and Recommendations
- Written employer references provided
- Supporting the shop manager with the day-to-day running of the shop according to business demands (sometimes in the absence of the manager).
- Selecting, preparing and pricing donated clothes, books, homewares etc., in line with shop guidelines.
- Taking specific responsibility for tasks such as opening and closing the shop and supervising other volunteers.
- Providing excellent customer service whilst operating the till.
- Completing end-of-day banking.
- Creating attractive displays.
Skills and Experience Required
- Gaining leadership experience
- Improving proactivity
- Implementing diversity
- Gaining business and commercial awareness