Midweight Visual Designer
Based Upon is an artist, made up of a close-knit and collaborative team.
We are explorers and innovators who strive to bring awareness and authenticity to all areas of what we do, be it our artistic process or how we grow our people and structure our business.
When creating, we begin by going into nature to observe and to listen; to be guided by what we immerse ourselves in, as we believe that the artwork is there to be discovered. Once back at the studio, we begin to shape what we have collected to express that essence.
We are looking for a highly creative, hardworking and detail orientated visual designer who will actively participate and grow in both our design and broader company culture.
Sharing this mind-set with all members of the team you will create work from a place of integrity and teamwork, feeding our intention to function collectively.
Skills and Experience
What are we looking for from the successful candidate?
• Mid-weight experience or more in a similar role.
• You are a passionate, imaginative and conscientious creative with an excellent portfolio that shows an understanding in print and digital design processes.
• You are excited to innovate ideas, have the ability to create exceptional work independently as well as under direction.
• Highly motivated, with a determination to learn and an ability to work in a fluid environment, under tight deadlines while maintaining an attention to detail and an eye for quality.
• Proficient communication skills, both verbally and visually.
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and /or other visual software.
• Have an understanding of print production and working with suppliers.
• Desirable: applicants will be familiar with Squarespace.