UX / UI Designer
As our new UX / UI designer, you will work closely with our other Designer and Project Managers in the development stages of mobile apps and web systems. Your primary goals will be to design the next generation of apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and Mobile Web. We expect you to have a solid understanding of how different types of people use their devices (smartphones, tablets and desktops), and have the flexibility to adapt to new technologies quickly.
You must be passionate about designing original and innovative mobile apps and web systems that offer consumers the best possible user journey, as you will be responsible for highly usable and intuitive interface creation. You must also be able to deliver a visually striking product that clients are proud to call their own, as any concept you create will be brand-consistent across all mobile experiences that our company provides to end-users.
About Red C
Red C is an award-winning agency that designs and builds intuitive, functional and exciting mobile apps and web systems. Based in Shoreditch, London, we work with both startups and leading corporates to provide advanced digital technology that transforms their internal processes and grows their business. We undertake projects within a variety of industry sectors including fintech, healthcare and utilities, and have been developing both internal and consumer-facing products for almost two decades.
- Relaxed and friendly office environment with a small, close-knit team
- Plenty of exposure to a variety of projects in different industry sectors
- Opportunity to not only build on your design skills but to learn about other aspects of app/web development and be central to the products full development process; from initial ideation through to final release
- Regular social events with the team
- Translate existing branding or designs for clients who have an existing app.
- Participate in the design & development process from definition, through design to build and release
- Collaborate with the development team throughout the design process
- Help produce user journeys, sitemaps, wireframes and early prototypes.
- Creating relevant branding for target audiences; colour scheme / logo / fonts.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual screen designs for iOS, Android and web.
- Keep abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel and analogous worlds.
- Stay on top of the latest standards and changes in the mobile design field.
- Research and track advancements in design.
- Create user interfaces for digital products.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects at any one time and work towards set deadlines
- General understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design
- Strong understanding of general best-practice design principles
- A team player who can easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality designs that meet customers requirements.
- Ability to create user journeys, wireframes, interaction designs and initial/final prototypes
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile & web, and the latest technology trends
- Confident in client meetings to showcase design projects & principles and defend design decisions
- Preferably a bachelor's or higher degree in graphic design, interaction design or human-computer design
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts, palate development, branding and style guides
- Proficient in using the design programmes such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Illustrator / Photoshop and InVision
- A diverse portfolio showing a range of digital design projects.