Technical Draftsman and Developer
Renegade is a Lighting and Production Design Studio based in London, founded by designer and creative director Nicholas Gray in 2005. The studio operates internationally and across multiple creative industries such as fashion, music and visual arts with a strong focus on innovative technical and aesthetic solutions drawn from different disciplines.
The studio is looking for a Technical Draftsman & Developer able to translate briefs into production drawings and to actively contribute to the development of the studio’s products and creative designs. This is a central role, which will be working closely with the Creative Director and the Lighting Designer, whilst communicating with external clients and suppliers.
- Lead draftsman
- CAD based ideas & visuals
- provide technical support to the team
- attend relevant site visits, collate information, drawings, measurements etc.
- research relevant materials, paints, structural systems etc.
- contribute to projects development with creative solutions & ideas
- compile, collect and archive material and visual references
- attend design and trade fairs for professional development
Skills and Experience
Middle weight to substantial experience working in a similar role within the creative industry
- in-depth knowledge of Vectorworks, Sketch Up, Adobe Package (Illustrator and Photoshop are essential)
- problem solving creative approach
- ability to translate conceptual ideas into physical drawings
- excellent organisational and time management skills / able to multitask
- interest and awareness of the creative / design industry
- strong attention to detail
- excellent research skills
- positive, pro-active attitude
- good communication and interpersonal skills