Studio and Art Teaching Assistant
To support the development of our Arts and Learning Centre, the Paul & Henri Carnal Hall (www.rosey.ch/le-rosey/the-paul-henri-carnal-hall/), we are seeking an art “stagiaire” or resident teaching assistant. The person appointed will be expected to:
- run arts activities during our afternoon Sports/Arts block (between 4pm-6pm) •
- have expertise in one or more of the following areas: animation, photography, graphics, illustration, printmaking, website design and 3D work (in particular working with laser cutters, 3D printers)
- assist with the classroom teaching in the two art rooms
- assist with the display of artwork in the PHCH
- to be present in the PCHC between 8pm–10pm twice a week
- to become involved in the broader and particularly the artistic life of the Rosey community
- to run Saturday activities (normally an art club) between 10am-11.30am
Skills and Experience
Currently, we offer the following arts activities to students between 4pm-6pm: printmaking (etching, lino and screenprinting), sketchbook development, an ‘art academy’ for senior students and an ‘art club’ for younger students. These activities can be changed according to the expertise of the stagiaire. This post is a residential position for the academic year from September 2020 to June 2021, and would ideally suit a recently qualified art graduate who is looking to take a break after their studies or someone who is considering the teaching profession in the future.
As well as possessing ability and potential in their field, the ideal stagiaire will be energetic, flexible and dynamic with an interest in international education. A clean driving licence would be useful, therefore please state in your application if you have this.
Background check will apply.
In return, Le Rosey will offer:
- Return travel to and from Geneva at the beginning and end of contract
- Swiss medical insurance
- Shared apartment accommodation (single bedroom with shared bathroom and sitting room) in an independent house at the centre of the Rolle campus
- Use of school’s extensive sporting and artistic facilities
- A monthly payment of CHF 1,200
- Three meals a day and laundry facilities
- A one-year half-price Swiss train pass
- A ski pass for the Gstaad term