Some exciting opportunities have arisen for organised and enthusiastic Stockroom Assistants to join the Design Museum. These roles will contribute to the smooth running and success of the museum’s retail operation with a focus on supporting our online business.
The Stockroom Assistant assists in the operation of the retail stockroom in the museum. Duties include processing and fulfilling online orders, responding to online customer emails and enquiries, receiving goods into the loading bay, assisting with shop replenishment and all necessary picking, packing, and unpacking as well as keeping the stockroom in good, secure order.
The Stockroom Assistant will work in an organised and efficient way and possess manual handling skills with the ability to lift and move stock. Comfortable working towards deadlines and an efficient administrator, the Assistant will also demonstrate strong customer service skills and can work well as part of a team and unsupervised. The role reports to the eCommerce Manager and works in the Trading department.
• To pick, pack and process online orders promptly, accurately, and securely
• To communicate and liaise closely with both the Retail Operations and eCommerce Managers to ensure the smooth and efficient running of our online business across multiple platforms.
• To assist in management of all the retail stock and to ensure it is stored and managed in a secure manner.
• Always maintain delivery and stockroom standards to the highest level, ensuring that the stockroom is kept in a tidy and secure state. To receive and process stock deliveries efficiently and in accordance with retail procedures.
• To work with the Retail Operations Manager on quarterly and annual stocktakes
• To foster a team working attitude and ensure that good communication with colleagues is maintained.
• To work with the shopfloor team in ensuring the shops are regularly replenished.
• To be aware of Health & Safety requirements in the stockrooms and communicate all potential issues and risks to the Retail Operations Manager
• Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Retail Operations Manager.