Whether you are looking for a new career in theatre or wanting to come back to an industry that you love, we are searching for bright and motivated people to join our Panto Crew at the world famous, The London Palladium.
The technical department are looking for people to work on stage, in the flys & operating followspots to facilitate the smooth and safe running of this year’s Palladium Panto - Pantoland.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working on the get in / fit up and then all shows, previews and all technical rehearsals.
- You will be assigned to one of the following roles (depending on your application);
- Stage crew or Stage Electrician
- Flying System
- Followspot Operator
- As part of the Production Technician team, you will be prepping the show each day and helping to conduct safety checks.
- Working closely with the visiting Company and its Stage Management to ensure the smooth and safe operation of each show.
- Working as part of a team to maintain a professional work environment, where performers, technicians and audience members are safe.
- Problem solving during live performances.
- Assist with rig checks for the show when required.
- Conducting maintenance on the lighting, video and special effects rigs of the show, so it always looks its best as required.
- Some roles may require supervisory responsibilities.
- Ad hoc project work as directed by the Heads of Department
- Manual handling is necessary in these roles and training will be provided.
What we need…
- Enjoy working as part of a team in a vibrant and lively environment.
- Open minded with a willingness to learn and be trained.
- A proactive and professional manner with good timekeeping.
- To be able to commit to the whole run – Late-November to Mid-January
- A conscientious approach; accurate and with an eye for detail.
- Logical and methodical, with the ability to follow instruction precisely.
- Adaptable, with the ability to use initiative in identifying problems and working with the team to find solutions.
- Technical theatre experience from another West End or number one touring venue is desirable for some positions and an understanding of theatre health and safety.
- Happy to work evenings and weekends.
Whilst writing your cover letter, please let us know whether you would like to be considered for the role of Stage Crew, Stage LX, Flys or Followspot Operator.
Salary: Will be discussed at interview due to the various roles and experience needed.