Menswear Designer for Oliver Spencer
We are looking for someone to work in our menswear design team at Oliver Spencer. You would need to:
· Work closely with Senior Designer and Creative Director, to realise Creative Director's vision
· Research and feed ideas to the team
· Design and develop innovative brand appropriate, commercial product with excellent eye for detail and quality
· Design across all categories with specific focus on jersey, knit & accessories
· Design collections for 2 main seasons, 2 pre seasons, 2 lounge collections and 2 capsule collections minimum per year
· Work closely with retail and wholesale staff to gain and utilise sales analysis
· Create all dockets to submit to factories for salesman samples
· Chase all SMS and ensure all key dates are met
· Source and order new trims for sampling
· Create sales books for all seasons
· Build and maintain good relationship with factories
· Negotiate prices with factories
· Travel to Europe for design trips, factory visits and fabric fairs
· Work closely with production team to pass over all tech packs
· Attend fit meetings
· Assist in build up and running of LFW show
· General office duties
Skills and Experience
This position would suit someone with proven entry-level industry experience working in menswear design including jersey and knitwear.
You must be have good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, Microsoft Word and Excel.
We are looking for someone who is excellent at communicating, flexible and able to translate ideas into commercial reality.