The Design Museum reopened its doors in a newly refurbished home in Kensington in November 2016. After nearly four years of welcoming visitors to blockbuster exhibitions such as Ferrari: Under the Skin and Stanley Kubrick: The Exhibition, the museum is looking for an exceptional Marketing Officer who is digitally switched on, detail orientated and eager to learn. The purpose of this role is to implement marketing campaigns that ensure the museum reaches its targets across the full range of its activities. There are some incredible stories in design, and you will be essential in telling them.
As the sole Marketing Officer, you will join a small but dynamic Communications team reporting to the Marketing Manager who is responsible for the marketing campaigns and budget.
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns for the museum’s exhibitions and the programme of learning activities and talks.
- Coordinate advertising schedules, including booking adverts, updating specs and ensuring sign off to deadlines.
- Coordinate the production of onsite marketing signage.
- Provide digital support for the production of marketing artwork.
- Research, develop and maintain relationships for marketing opportunities with partner organisations.
- Set up, optimise and report on social media and digital programmatic advertising with the guidance of the Marketing Manager.
- Manage the ongoing Email Marketing schedule, draft emails and report on results to the Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Manage event and exhibition related pages on the website.
- Produce image and simple video edits and digital content for social advertising and web use.
- Support the Marketing Manager in managing the marketing budget, following organisational procedures, monitoring expenditure and obtaining value for money.
- Working within the museum’s financial system Focal Point, raise purchase orders and administer the processing of invoices following the museum’s financial procedures.
- Adhere to best practice for data management and current data protection legislation.
- Support the Marketing Manager with audience development including audience research.
- Support the Marketing Manager in producing reports to evaluate marketing campaigns.
- Working with and supporting volunteers and ensuring their full integration into the Communications team.
Skills and Experience
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Digitally literate with a good knowledge of social media, digital marketing, and CRM/marketing databases.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise a busy workload and work flexibly under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to write for the digital environment.
- Detail orientated and comfortable working with numbers.
- Good team player able to thrive under pressure in a busy environment without the need for supervision.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to use their initiative to deliver results.
- A passion for the principles of marketing and design.
- Good visual literacy and understanding of the principles of branding.
- Experience of budget management.
- An interest in a career in cultural marketing.
- An interest in design.