Berk’s Nest is looking for a Marketing Manager to help us rebuild the company in the wake of the pandemic, engaging audiences across the UK as we return to live performance. You’ll be a key member of a small team, leading on all external communications with audiences and industry as events go on sale and begin to take place.
You’ll work with the Managing Director to set out a wider marketing strategy for the long-term success of the company, helping to shape the marketing and communications approach for the whole business, including the broader brand identity. You will also lead on the creation of artwork and digital content, working with freelance designers, photographers, and videographers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the comedy landscape across the UK and will possess several years of relevant marketing experience in comedy or another of the performing arts. Creativity, collaboration, and kindness are essential for this role. If you’re an ambitious and experienced marketing professional with a background in comedy or other live performance, we’d love to hear from you.
In the role of Marketing Manager, you will:
● Lead on setting sales targets and forecasts for shows and tours to maximise income, build loyalty, and attract new and diverse audiences, reporting to the Managing Director.
● Lead on the marketing strategy for Berk’s Nest’s shows and tours, delivering campaigns that reach the widest possible audience whilst retaining the company’s core values & brand identity.
● Lead on Berk’s Nest’s digital strategy – oversee digital & social media campaigns, the updating and maintenance of the company’s website, and overall brand presence.
● Lead on the creation of artwork and other content, working with and managing freelance photographers, graphic designers, and videographers, and undertaking in-house design and editing tasks where needed.
● Lead on brand management, including messaging, visual identity, and tone, ensuring that Berk’s Nest’s wider projects and brand are effectively communicated in order to maximise the company’s profile.
● Commission and work with external PR companies to create unique and engaging press campaigns to support the company’s shows and tours and tie in with their marketing strategies, as well as campaigns that help to build and develop the company’s brand and wider work.
● Substantial marketing experience with a comedy, performing arts, or cultural industry setting.
● Excellent knowledge of the UK’s live comedy landscape, including how the landscape has changed over the last year.
● Proven track record in creating and delivering successful marketing campaigns, hitting ambitious sales targets.
● Experience of commissioning & managing designers and other creatives to produce marketing materials (both print and digital).
● Experience of managing relationships with comedians or other artists, agencies, ticketing agencies, and other partners.
● Copywriting skills, with a flair for creative language.
● Experience managing a brand’s social media presence, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
● Excellent digital marketing and storytelling skills.
● A creative approach, willing to try new ideas & approaches.
● A brilliant communicator - confident, effective, and honest when communicating with people from all walks of life.
● Strong budget management, administrations, and IT skills.
● Excellent time management & prioritisation skills, knowing how to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
● Driven by exciting, ambitious, and unique live comedy performance.
● A dedication to our core values: collaboration; honesty; kindness; respect; new talent & new work; a broad range of work from a broad range of people, all with unique points of view and life experiences.
● Understanding of Google Analytics.
● Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and InDesign.
● Experience of working with external ticket agents such as DICE, TicketText, and SeeTickets.
● Experience managing and/or commissioning successful press strategies & campaigns.
● Experience of website management & maintenance, ideally through Squarespace.