About Sotheby’s Institute of Art
Celebrating 50 years as the leader of art business education, Sotheby’s Institute of Art is the pioneer in the study of art and its markets. With campuses in London and New York, and programs ranging from online courses to Master’s degrees, our academically innovative and professionallyfocused curriculum enables students to acquire specialized knowledge in art and related industries.
Sotheby’s Institute of Art is privately held by BrandEd, a fast-growing, global education company focused on developing high quality programs in partnership with the world’s strongest brands, including Sotheby’s and The New York Times. BrandEd Marketing operates as an internal agency and strategic partner serving both Sotheby’s Institute of Art and The School of The New York Times, with expertise in digital marketing, content, web and design, product development, and more.
About the Position
The Marketing Coordinator will be an essential part of a data-driven marketing team seeking to cultivate ever-increasing quality, quantity, efficiency, and creativity. With an emphasis on Sotheby’s Institute of Art, he/she will also contribute to key projects within BrandEd, including The School of The New York Times among other entities and initiatives.
Based in London, the Marketing Coordinator will work closely with colleagues in New York and London around marketing initiatives including email marketing, delivery of promotional campaigns, surveys, website, and more. The Marketing Coordinator will play a key role in collaborating with cross functional teams including academics, admissions, IT, and other areas as well as being an integral part of a global marketing department. With the ability to think creatively and analytically, being proactive, and to thrive on multitasking across a variety of projects, the incumbent will serve as a steward of our brands and keep pace with innovative developments in marketing and a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Help design, create, and deploy email campaigns
· Help manage promotional advertising calendars by working with vendors, trafficking creative, ensuring campaign attribution, and analyzing results.
· Contribute to website maintenance and development
· Research trends, make recommendations, and pilot new initiatives, with an eye toward audience development
· Craft, deploy, and regularly analyze student and customer feedback via surveys and other research methods
· Help maintain CRM and database records and functionalities
· Utilize strong analytical ability to help evaluate the user experience and customer journey across multiple channels and touch points
· Evaluate emerging technologies and strategies; Provide perspective for adoption where appropriate
· Use tracking applications to help formulate effective marketing efforts.
· Produce regular reporting reflective of marketing efforts.
· Maintain analysis of competitor capabilities and industry landscape
· Liaise with Sotheby’s Institute academic and admissions staff on current events, student activities, and recruitment opportunities
· Research, recommend and monitor promotional campaign opportunities
· Assist with content marketing projects
· Contribute to current and future initiatives across all BrandEd schools and projects
Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Innovative and results-driven, applying creativity with a rigor around quality and detail.
- Knowledge of marketing technologies, protocols, standards and tools.
- Experience with email marketing tools and strategies.
- Stay plugged into industry trends, emerging tactics and technology, and best practices and apply them to operations and activities.
- Analytic thinker.
- Experience with Salesforce and related applications a plus
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic HTML & CSS, Adobe Design software and Google Analytics would be preferable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a sense of urgency and prioritization.
- Consistent attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to manage and track multiple project tasks and performance.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work with cross-functional teams with a hard-working and positive attitude.
- Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
- Support and embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
- Ability to be present in the office.
- Regular weekday (Monday-Friday) attendance/availability is required during core business hours.
- Ability to work additional hours, if necessary.
· Entry level experience in marketing with a proven track record
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills in English.
· Only qualified candidates should apply
· Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
BrandEd offers a competitive salary that is based on education and experience.