Marketing and Digital Comms Officer
• Create and capture engaging content including short films, podcasts and images for the SCO’s online channels, website and all current and future social media platforms to increase the SCO’s social media reach and drive traffic to the SCO website.
• Maximise awareness of the SCO in target audience groups, resulting in achieving attendance and box office income targets.
• Create and implement marketing and communications campaigns for key main Season concerts, Creative Learning activity and additional events and projects as required.
• Manage campaigns within agreed budgets from concept to completion.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with key contacts and promotional partners to plan and deliver creative marketing campaigns, monitor their effectiveness and report on their outcomes.
• Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Director and the SCO’s PR agency to assist in securing national and local press coverage.
• Ensure clarity of key messages dovetail across all communication channels.
• Work with the inhouse Design and Publications Officer to develop, creative and effective promotional material.
Skills and Experience
• The successful candidate must have the permissions to live and work in the UK with entry-level industry work experience of marketing in the arts or a related field including experience of devising and implementing marketing and communications campaigns.
• Experience of coordinating social media schedules, generating compelling content and using monitoring and scheduling tools such as Buffer.
• Experience of building and monitoring paid social campaigns, closely managing advertising performance, targeting and budgets.
• Experience of using Dotdigital, Mailchimp or similar e-mailing systems to segment subscriber data and effectively target campaigns to key audiences.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, including strong proofreading skills.
• A good negotiator and clear communicator, able to influence and be persuasive.
• Excellent budgetary skills and able to manage resources effectively.
• Able to calmly manage a high-volume workload while under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
• Happy working alone, but also be a strong team player who provides colleagues with support at busy times.
• Excellent IT skills with a flair for social media.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• A full, clean driving licence.
• Experience of using Spektrix and Craft.
• Knowledge of UK music and/or arts press.
• Experience of working with media buyers, creative agencies and briefing designers.
• A good knowledge of classical music.