Marketing and Communications Director - Based in Scotland
The Scottish Chamber Orchestra is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Marketing and Communications Director with the skills and potential to lead a high performing team within a world class arts organisation. This key post will provide strategic direction and leadership on all aspects of marketing, communications and digital content, working closely with the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team to ensure the ongoing success and development of the organisation.
This is an exciting time to be joining the Orchestra following its hugely popular first digital concert Season, ongoing critical acclaim for its recordings and performances under Principal Conductor Maxim Emelyanychev and the development of its new home, The Dunard Centre.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate appropriate skills from working in a senior position in an arts or transferable business context in marketing, communications and sales. A track record of developing and delivering creative marketing, communications and digital strategies in either the commercial, or not-for-profit sectors is required, underpinned by an appropriate professional qualification. They will also be skilled in leading and managing a team, building and diversifying audiences and networking at a senior level.
The successful candidate will be highly creative, imaginative and resilient, as well as being committed to continuous improvement and professional development.
The SCO is an equal opportunity organisation; we value diversity in our organisation and welcome applications from everyone.
Full job description: Marketing and Communications Director | Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Skills and Experience
• Full, clean, driving licence
• Enthusiasm for music and music education and a sound knowledge of the sector
• Effective problem solver with the ability to think strategically and analytically in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent ICT, organisational and admin skills
• Ability to motivate and inspire
• Excellent time management and proven ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritise and multi-task
• Ability to treat colleagues, clients, customers and stakeholders in accordance with SCO policies on equalities and dignity at work
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills with excellent attention to detail and the ability to adapt style
• Outstanding networking and advocacy skills; highly effective relationship builder, ability to work collaboratively and develop positive relationships both internally and externally
• Proven listening and influencing skills and ability to influence decision making at a high level
• Ability to manage strategic and operational planning
• Skills in monitoring and evaluating projects