Entry-Level Graphic Designer
Hali Publications Ltd (HPL) is the world’s leading publisher for carpets and textiles with an unequalled reputation and expertise built over thirty-five years of publishing. We produce two quality magazines - HALI and COVER, each published quarterly. Alongside these titles, we design books, catalogues and marketing materials.
We are looking for an eager to learn with a keen eye for detail print designer.
The graphic designer’s primary task is to design layouts for both HALI and COVER following the magazines’ style guidelines. The successful candidate will also be designing promotional materials including brochures (print and digital formats), PowerPoint presentations and any other graphic-related marketing materials required. The designer should be able to perform well, stay calm and reliable under pressure of strict production deadlines.
Start date 2 September 2019
Skills and Experience
You need to have:
- BA Degree in Graphic Design or similar field with entry-level industry experience. Will consider graduates if show potential in the portfolio.
- An interest in Digital graphic design is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Acrobat. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of applying visual and typographic creativity to set frameworks. You should be able to adapt your designs, working closely with a senior designer and the editorial team to create interesting and dynamic layouts, and the advertising team to design customer adverts.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed.
- A keen interest in current design trends and a passion for typography and magazine and book design.