• Salary - 18-20K p/a (supported by Government Kickstart Scheme) 4 day week the odd extra day - once a month for team days
• 10am - 6pm
• Starting ASAP
• Initially remote, then flexi working office in London
• 6 Month Kickstart Placement with possibility of extension
NextUp needs an entry-Level editor/designer to come on board and join the content team in delivering all video content and social assets across the NextUp platform. Reporting to the head of content, this role will primarily be focussed on the creation of video and imagery that supports, promotes and adds to the flagship comedy content. This will involve working with in-house edit teams to create short trailers, social clips, thumbnail and platform artwork as well as managing transcoding and delivery requirements across all media. Working in a fast-paced team, the role will need to be highly adaptable to changing situations and short-turnaround projects. As a junior, the long-term vision for the role is to develop and learn the craft of editing live comedy and take on greater and broader responsibilities as the role develops. The content team at NextUp is small, social, friendly, light-hearted and dedicated, so a cultural fit is also essential.
We produce most of our own content so we’re looking for someone with the ambition to get stuck into the myriad different roles on set as well as in the post production studio! This will mean occasional evening and weekend work when we produce and film the shows themselves.
• Creation of social and promotional trailers, marketing content and clips from the weekly new content added to the NextUp platform, in-line with the company style guides and approach.
• Design tasks including repurposing of existing assets, and creation of new ones as and when required.
• Maintenance and development of editorial workflows, taking completed edits and creating all extra assets required in an orderly and process-driven manner.
• Taking delivery of acquired video assets and working with the Technical manager to adapt to platform specification.
• Managing various post-production initiatives as and when required, such as working through back-catalogue of content to create montage clips/trailers or collect screenshots for use in social and platform.
• Occasional shoot-support
More on NextUp Comedy
NextUp is a small start-up that launched in 2016. Initially comprising just four people, in 2019 we grew to 9 plus freelancers.
The NextUp company culture is one that celebrates individuality, openness, creativity and collaboration, with a strong emphasis on physical and mental wellbeing. We’re ambitious and passionate - balancing tight deadlines and workloads with a positive environment and perspective. We value trust, honesty, ambition and connection and we want people who work here to feel a real sense of agency as well as being fully supported in their roles. Equality and fairness both in the company and in the comedy industry are important to us, and we aim to recognise and reward individual and team achievements big and small.
We’re looking for people who’ll join in with and help drive our vision - to be a brand synonymous with quality stand-up comedy and a true force for good in the industry.
• Excellent understanding and experience using Premiere Pro workflows, grading, audio mixing and all things post-production using the adobe suite.
• Good working knowledge of design software including InDesign and Photoshop
• Understanding of After Effects, encoder and surrounding post-production
• General awareness post-production workflows.
• Adaptability and flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience on live-set productions, especially on-camera.
• Design experience in social media and social media asset creation.
• Live-streaming experience!
• A passion for Comedy!