Entry-Level Digital Designer
FX Digital are looking for a Junior Digital Designer to join our fast-growing team who will have the ability to bring concepts to life across digital platforms, deliver engaging presentations and inspire creativity and innovation in their work, peers and clients. They will want to push their raw talent to its absolute limit, produce stunning visuals, beautiful user experiences and work that they are truly proud of.
We value people that embrace change and possess a curiosity to learn new skills and technologies. Collaboration between team members along with the wider digital and design communities is paramount to everything we do.
A typical day would likely involve…
- Working with senior team members on the planning and development of new projects (user research, usability testing, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping)
- Contribute to the creation of meaningful digital interactive experiences and brand identities, adopting a research and development approach to everything you do
- Reliably owning and completing defined tasks, maintaining the appropriate process and high standards of the company.
- Testing designs on different devices to ensure cohesiveness and accuracy.
- Partnering with members of the development team to create an efficient project workflow and handover
- Developing the FX brand and producing relevant marketing collateral
- Creating new / enhancing existing brand identities, producing collateral and documents
Skills and Experience
- A design degree or equivalent qualification
- An outstanding portfolio of your best work designing for web, branding and digital
(We will set a design challenge as part of the application process to assess your skills and innovation)
- Demonstrable experience of working with Sketch, Adobe Creative suite or equivalent software
- A passion for crafting exceptional experiences and user-centred design
- An eye for detail with a firm understanding of the theory and fundamentals of graphic design and decision-making based on solid visual design principles
- Self-motivation, and the ability to perform well whilst managing time and multiple projects
- A desire to further your knowledge/skills and share learnings with the team
- Enthusiasm to adopt new technologies and design processes for emerging technology
- A friendly and receptive demeanour, an enthusiastic team player
You’re absolutely nailing it if you have…
- HTML and CSS knowledge or understanding of user experience and web technology development processes
- Understanding of animation principles and motion graphics skills (After Effects)
- Knowledge of print design and the print process
- Knowledge of 3D packages such as Maya, C4D or 3ds MAX