Entry-Level Curator/Digital Content Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious team player to join a rapidly expanding business based in South West London (SW6) and play a crucial role in the business supporting the Discovery, Curate and Create functions. This is a fulltime position based in SW6 with a 3-month probationary period. You will be reporting to the Head Curator.
Daily responsibilities to include but not limited to
- Tag/keyword and perform basic image clean-up on selected images and identify key people, locations and events. This is for both historic content and on a daily basis for subscription app users.
- Retrieve family information and manage individual family accounts.
- Editing of content to select the best or most appropriate photos and videos to feature on the ami app and in the family yearbook.
- Organise and order all backdated content by year for each account member.
- Carry out quality control checks under direction of the head curator using the ami dashboard.
- Downloading and uploading of content using the ami dashboard as required.
- Editing 3rd party photographer images of family events.
- Engaging in training sessions to develop an understanding of the ami ethos and vision for Discover, Curate and Create.
- Supporting with Family Yearbook or book selections, including retouching for handover to the designer.
- Scanning of prints and negatives as required.
- Responding to client contact requests via the app.
- Engaging in regular performance reviews and professional development.
We personally curate and archive your MOST TRUSTED and secure memories, giving you access to the most precious of legacies, that of YOUR FAMILY.
Discover / Curate / Create
After several decades working with private clients ami was founded with the sole aim of providing a unique personal service to curate family memories.
We offer several services from historical curation of a family’s content to a yearly curation subscription service and production of bespoke handcrafted yearbooks. These showcase the best of the family’s images from an individual year, specific holiday or milestone event.
We also provide photography and videography of families or private events. With over 30 years of experience our photographers and videographers have covered many private family occasions across the globe from quiet intimate occasions to larger even royal weddings.
Skills and Experience
- Good literacy, spelling and language skills.
- Background or knowledge of image tagging and keywording.
- Basic image retouching skills.
- Fluent in working with Mac & proficient with Windows and their office tools.
- Image editing background and experience using the Adobe Creative suite.
- Digital file management knowledge.
- Knowledge of data storage systems/hardware and the ability to retrieve digital content (files, photos, videos etc.) from hard drives, data back-up systems, cloud storage, etc…
- Graphic design skills (not essential but beneficial).
- Video editing knowledge (not essential but beneficial).
A strong and up-to-date knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and in particular:
- Lightroom Classic CC v9 and above.
- Photoshop CC v20 and above.
- Bridge CC v9 and above.
- InDesign CC v13 and above (not essential but beneficial).
- PowerPoint (not essential but beneficial).
- CaptureOne (not essential but beneficial).
- Adobe Premier (not essential but beneficial).
Video editing tools (not essential but beneficial).