Entry Level Art Director - Freelance
The Company is a multi-national hospitality & lifestyle group which includes multiple key powerful brands. The group intends to become a leader in terms of creativity and lead for a global change in the hospitality sector image making.
The Entry Level Art Director will be based in the Company’s internal creative agency, in the Marais in Paris, rue des Archives or can work remotely.
About the job:
The Entry Level Art Director’s responsibilities will include coming up with creative ideas and concepts for the global and regional campaigns, social media and general media for hotels, visualizing layouts and storyboards, briefing production, etc.
The Entry Level Art Director will work with the Account Directors, Marketing and Production on a project by project basis within the company. S/he will bring an understanding and sensitivity both to the global company vision and to each individual brands’ DNA, respecting each brand’s global and regional positioning.
This person will respect budgets and timing, will preserve the integrity of the brands, and present a uniform brand message throughout all images and communication vehicles: film, print and digital.
• Come up with communications ideas/concepts/stories in answer to marketing briefs and with a sensitive understanding of the target audiences and regions that the advert is aimed at;
• Look for image references / swipe research;
• Produce mood boards, sketches, layouts or 'storyboards' (television);
• Present to the Creative Director and Account Director, integrate their debrief and rework;
• Pitch ideas spontaneously;
• Brief other members of the creative team;
• Commission photographers, artists or filmmakers to produce assets (images and films, graphic designs, voices registrations…);
• Decide on the production (assessment of locations, styling, props, hair and make-up, lights…);
• Edit after production to select the best assets;
• Oversee the retouching of the assets;
• Interact with the Account Director and Marketing in order to get direction and debriefs, with the pre-production/Images teams for the creation of the masters, with the digital department for the production of content and the relative layout, with the Communications Department for the production of PR assets.
Skills and Experience
• Newly graduated/Bachelor’s Degree from an A-list Graphic design and Art Direction course or creative background with a relevant degree
• Sensitive, with taste and a strategical understanding, creative, widely inspired, open minded with strong sense of taste, rapid reactivity to projects, open and edgy
• Full mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
• Out of the box thinking
• Fashion understanding and love
• All backgrounds & all nationalities are welcomed
• English is required