Do you have a passion for investigative research and would like to join a company with a virtuous purpose, a diverse team of high performers, on a continuing journey of global growth?
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the identification and investigation of corporate wrongdoings and discriminatory conducts such as: price fixing and bid rigging schemes, pricing policies that have a disparate impact on racial and other protected minorities, and market manipulation conduct. This will typically involve reviewing news, regulatory notices, legal filings and other publicly available data, identify industry insiders and other sources that will assist Fideres’s economic consultants in their investigations. The candidate will also be responsible for Fideres’s contacts with the press and social media platforms.
This fixed term contract role may suit a journalism undergraduate on a business placement year, or a recent journalism graduate with a keen interest in investigative journalism.
- Keeping on top of market developments to generate new case ideas
- Developing and maintaining contacts with industry insiders to assist with ongoing and new investigations
- Daily monitoring of all of our news subscriptions and provide a curated list of news items which are of most interest to Fideres
- Develop and maintain contacts with generalist and specialised press, for the purpose of publicising the investigative work conducted by Fideres
- Maintain up to date contact on Fideres’s social platforms (Twitter and Linkedin)
- Setting up and coordinating our podcast and video releases
- Working closely with Fideres’ quantitative team to hand over the case, once a consulting mandate has been awarded
- Maintaining accurate records of all billable hours spent on each project
- Writing short reports that summarize the key findings of our analysis in a simple, succinct manner for internal use and/or for pitching the case to potential clients
Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Attributes
- 1st or 2:1 degree in journalism or other relevant field, or undertaking a journalism university business placement year and expecting to receive a minimum of a 2:1 award
- Deep interest in investigative journalism and attentive to current social trends and economic debate
- Able to write insightful reports of results, in particular expressing complex issues in simple terms, understandable by those with no financial or legal background
- Strong ethical pull towards economic fairness and social equality
- Creative, driven by a wish to innovate and ready to challenge the status quo
- Organised and demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to perform in a demanding business environment and to assume a wide range of responsibilities
- Able to display a clear interest in further elevating Fideres' profile at the leading edge of its field is essential
- Effective management of deadlines