Interior Designer - Freelance
To push the boundaries of interior design with cutting edge design.
We are looking for a talented, motivated and creative, Junior Designer to join our fantastic team! The role ofJunior Designer will see you working as part of our team on live projects throughout the UK, leading the forefront of residential and commercial design. You will provide essential design and/or technical support for the design team and work closely with senior staff to develop and design for various projects. The Junior Designer position will assist in the preparation, updating and correction of drawings, presentations, graphics; design; CAD design; Revit use; furniture, fixture and accessory specifications; furnishing, colour and material boards; FF&A sourcing; resource organization; and general computer skills.
Skills and Experience
- Assisting design team with ordering
- Organising Samples/ Materials
- Site visits
- Ability to manage your time effectively and work on a number of projects/ tasks simultaneously
- Create schedules
- Liaising with suppliers, contractors and others in the office.
- A creative background
- Highly organised
- Good communication skills necessary for liaising with suppliers, contractors and others in the office.
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Ability to produce hand drawings and technical drawings
- Ability to multitask
- Able to work under pressure
- Some technical detailing knowledge
The Individual will also benefit from:
- A keen interest in decorating/DIY/interior design
- Experience in sourcing furniture, materials and finishes
- Being able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in the interior design industry is preferable but not essential.