Would you like to help a family with homeschooling and childcare whilst schools are closed? Part-time roles, ideal for recent graduates or anyone who feels confident supporting primary school age kids with home learning (you don’t need to be a maths whizz - work is usually provided by the school).
In the latest lockdown rules the Government permits nannies to work in people’s homes (so long as neither party needs to self-isolate). We have lots of families looking for short term (7-8 weeks) nannies to help whilst schools are closed.
If you’d love to help a nearby family as they juggle work and family life, this role is for you.
- Look after the kids whilst their parents work and assist them with home-schooling.
- Plan each day based on information sent by their school. Support child(ren) in attending live sessions, or supervising as they work through the activities.
- Older children will be doing a lot independently and your role will be to encourage, keep them focussed and be there to answer questions. Younger children will need more one to one guidance through activities, so you’ll be helping with their phonics, basic maths or guiding them through a history session.
- Learning will be for 2-5hrs (depending on age). Outside this time, you might take the kids for walks or supervise freeplay, or plan fun activities.
- Occasionally prepare children’s meals and provide healthy snacks.
- Your role will likely be 3 to 8 hours for between 2 and 5 days a week.
While schools are shut there is a temporary emphasis on homeschooling, but many of our families are looking for longer-term after-school help.
- £9-12 per hour starting rate depending on experience (more on pay here)
- You’ll get an extra 50p per hour after 6 months, and another 50p increase after 12 months
- Local work (some remote roles available during lockdown)
- Free DBS check (if required)
- Free online after school nanny training (~2 hours)
- Free online paediatric first aid training (if required)
- Free insurance
Skills and Experience
What are we looking for?
Be great with kids!
You need to have some experience with kids, but this could be through babysitting or looking after relatives.