Graphic Designer and Community Manager
- Working on layout for card backs, and generating the artwork as print ready files. This will involve some liaising with external illustrators and graphic designers.
- Following the social media strategy designed by our social media strategist. Responding to, and initiating public interaction on our Instagram page as a community manager.
- Updating our website, by creating new content and liaising with external web developers to implement improvements and working closely with other members of the office team on the website.
- Working on catalogues, adverts and other business stationary.
- Scheduling posts on all our social media channels including creating visual content and working with company director for written content.
- Adding to and updating our social media product catalogue.
- A willingness to learn to use our product database will be essential to being part of the team and understand the business overall.
- Because this is a new role and we are a small business we need someone who is flexible and happy to muck in with the work load across the business generally. We need someone who is happy to process orders and speak to customers and do some work on the trade accounts if necessary.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a graphic designer who is an Indesign whizz but also has the skills to work across our social media platforms and website. So ability to use Photoshop is also a must. An appreciation for the product is important and the right candidate will love witty and beautiful paper goods! As we are a small close- knit team a positive can-do attitude with a willingness to learn is vital.
We need a designer with strong Indesign skills to work across paper product design from catalogue layout, adverts and ad hoc marketing materials, to the layout back of the greeting cards themselves. We are also looking for someone who can update our website and keep the design and look of the website fresh. This will involve design work in Photoshop.
As part of the role we would also like someone who can work on our social media platforms in particular Instagram as a Community Manager. This will involve following our Social Media strategy designed for our Instagram and liaising with the company director on social media posts. Following the strategy you will liaise with the social media community and respond to messages and message influencers. The social media content will be created by the company director but part of your job will be to help with the visual design and look of social media posts and well as being a Community Manager.
The ideal candidate will be Instagram and social media savvy, take the initiative and bring fresh ideas. This role is ideally suited to graphic designers with some work experience who are happy to also work across other areas of the business and not just do design work. Due to the nature of working in a small busy team, the role requires flexibility and willingness to muck in on areas that need it.