Front of House Manager
Who we are
Glasshouse Salon was established in 2013 as London’s first sustainable hair salon. We are at the forefront of the natural and organic hair and beauty industry, providing our loyal client base with cut and colour services using the most ethical and high-performing products.
We believe in caring for the hair in a way that doesn’t compromise the environment. That’s why we prioritise natural ingredients, avoid harsh chemicals and minimise our ecological output wherever possible.
Our East London home is a destination for green beauty - we stock over 25 cult independent brands and ship worldwide via our online platform, Glasshouse Shop. Every product we stock aligns with our core values of high performance, ethical credibility and aesthetic appeal. We pride ourselves on our sustainable, transparent philosophy and strong aesthetic principles.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a confident, driven and detailed-orientated Front of House Manager. This is a rare opportunity to make a real mark on every aspect of the Glasshouse brand. As Front of House Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth-running of the salon and the performance and wellbeing of the staff. This salon-based position requires a high level of customer service - you will have an unflappable nature and an eye for organisation. We are looking for someone who feels comfortable in a managerial position and has a natural affinity for team leading, as well as a positive, can-do attitude. A genuine interest in our core values - organic hair and beauty, wellbeing and sustainability - is also a must.
Front of House:
- Running the salon reception: taking bookings, answering the phone, managing the email account, greeting clients and generally assisting the team.
- Constantly maintaining high salon standards in regards to cleanliness, customer service and daily staff tasks.
- Delegating tasks and dealing with any staff concerns/requests.
- Ensuring staff remain on schedule and communicating effectively with clients.
- Assisting both the Director and Business and Communications Manager with targets, reports, rotas and staff matters where necessary.
- Dealing with and resolving any client complaints.
- Leading weekly staff meetings.
- Ensuring the team feel motivated, supported and are continually maximising their potential.
- Managing our online store, Glasshouse Shop: packing and fulfilling customer orders and responding to customer queries.
- Maintaining an accurate stock inventory both in the salon and online at Glasshouse Shop.
- Placing orders with our suppliers and ensuring regular stock takes are undertaken across all product lines.
- Maintaining good relationships with our suppliers, introducing new launches and organising staff training.
- Uploading new brands and products online and regularly updating Glasshouse Shop with new content.
- Contributing ideas and writing content for Glasshouse Journal, our popular online publication.
- Working with our Business and Communications Manager on implementing new salon initiatives where relevant.
- Contributing ideas and content for our social media platforms.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a reception or front of house role preferred.
- Strong customer service skills including a polite phone manner and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written skills.
- Confidence in team management - you will have a sense of authority and responsibility.
- Previous experience in a managerial role preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly, positive manner.
- An interest in organic beauty, wellbeing, fashion and sustainability.
What we offer
- A leadership role in a growing, independent business. This position offers plenty of opportunities to make a real mark on the business and push your ideas forward.
- Discounted price on all Glasshouse Salon products, including makeup, haircare and skincare.
- Complimentary hair colours and cuts by our talented team.
- The opportunity to be part of the Netil House community. We are lucky enough to be part of a fun, creative building that has plenty going on (including a huge rooftop that’s great in the summer).
- To be at the centre of the natural and organic hair and beauty industry in London. We are experts in our field and you will be constantly gaining a unique insight into this quickly growing market.
- A genuine, invested interest in your wellbeing and personal growth. We are a small team who care about their staff - we pride ourselves on our personal approach and positive atmosphere.