Somerset House Trust is seeking a Duty Manager to support the management of day-to-day visitor experience and daily operations of Skate at Somerset House.
The role requires experience of managing large site-specific projects, but it is not essential to have ice rink management experience. You will have trained and led large teams and supported the operational delivery of events. You should have a current knowledge of working with ticketing systems, ideally Tessitura, and managing an onsite box office.
Applicants must be available over the following dates:
• 5th, 8th & 9th November - (Training Days)
• 10th November to 16th January – Skate live dates
This includes being available over the festive period and able to commit to a minimum of 3 - 5 shifts per week (however shifts offered will be dependent on final rostering requirements).
Contract Type: Casual Worker, Fixed Term (05 November 2021 – 16 January 2022)
Rate of Pay: £16.86 per hour, plus accrual of holiday pay
Application Deadline: Monday 01 November, 10.00
• Experience leading a team to deliver excellent visitor experience, ideally in a cultural, leisure or heritage context.
• Experience overseeing box office operations, with a current working knowledge of ticketing systems (ideally Tessitura)
• Experience handling customer complaints
• Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations for both public and staff, with experience of monitoring practices and leading in evacuation training.
• Effective communicator with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Flexible in approach to work and hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Proactive with a hands-on approach to work
• Ability to stay calm under pressure and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
• First aid qualified (desirable)