Costume Buyer / General Assistant
The Royal Opera House produces some of the best opera and ballet in the world. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer/ General Assistant to gain experience with our Costume Department. The successful candidate will provide support to this busy team, liaising with suppliers to buy and maintain stock and samples, organising deliveries and storage, assisting at rehearsals and fittings and providing administration support in the office.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be passionate about costume and be able to demonstrate:
- BA/HND or relevant experience in costume/fashion.
- General knowledge of suppliers of fabrics and general goods used in the production of opera and ballet costume.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and image management software.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to deal, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the organisation.
- Ability to prioritise workloads, to work under pressure with a high level of organisational proficiency meeting agreed deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about costume.