Communications & Programmes Administrator
You Make It is an award winning organisation that runs 6 month long holistic empowerment programmes for young unemployed and underemployed women largely from Hackney. Through us, women gain the confidence, networks, experiences, skills and attitude needed to lead independent and happy lives with greater integration in our exciting but increasingly divided capital.
Year after year we prove to have real impact on our women. Please visit www.you-make-it.org to get a sense of what we do, all the amazing places and people we work with, including of course our young women!
In addition to running core programmes, in spring we launched You Make It Happen (YMIH) as a way of sharing our practices and learning with other organisations that want to strengthen how they engage, retain and progress the opportunities of young people. YMIH also offers a great way for us to generate earned income for the charity. As of November, the YMIH 3 day course will run quarterly.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that YMIH courses are marketed far and wide via social media, supporting the CEO to ensure that quarterly courses are well attended and evaluated. The role is also about ensuring that workshops, designed by our CEO and team, run as smoothly as possible. Overall responsibility for You Make It’s social media and raising awareness of us as an organisation will also fall with this role, as well as some basic administration for our core programmes for young women.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Disseminate YMIH promotional materials and messages via our social media platforms eg LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
• Identify with the YMI team which organisations to direct message to about YMIH courses and/or set up meetings between the CEO and organisations new to the charity to promote participation in YMIH.
• Work with trustees and existing partners to promote YMIH courses to cross sector organisations in their networks.
• Manage invoicing processes to ensure fees for training are paid on time.
• Liaise with venues to secure room booking for YMIH, taking care to ensure any audio-visual needs are met.
• Booking catering for YMIH courses, and ensuring any other logistical arrangements are taken care of.
• Creating regular social media content for You Make It and its core programmes for young women.
• Providing the You Make It coordinator with basic admin support for core programmes targeted at young women inc booking participant 1-1 therapy and pastoral care sessions.
• Ad hoc administrative support as required.
Skills and Experience
- At least some entry-level social media/ marketing industry experience (E)
- At least some entry-level industry experience in administration (E)
- Passionate about equality, diversity and social change (E)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to connect with people from a range of backgrounds (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication (E)
- Highly organised multi-tasker, with personality that works calmly under pressure (E)
- IT proficient (inc Excel, Word, being web savvy with experience of social media), literate and numerate (E)
- Experience of working in small team (D)
- Experience of working in training/ education environments (D)
- Good awareness of data protection legislation relating to direct marketing eg DPA/ GDPR and PECR