Charity Administrator and Venue & Events Assistant
The successful candidate will assist the General Manager in the day-to-day business and operations of 1901 Arts Club and act as the administrator of, and primary contact for, the Hattori Foundation.
Though working as part of a small team, the role inevitably involves some working alone, requires self-motivation and prioritisation of workload. The post-holder will bring a friendly personality, customer focus, flexibility and a hands-on approach to the job.
The position is to start from Monday 9 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Please note, 1901 Arts Club operates from a converted late-Victorian residence and it is essential for the work of the role for the candidate to be able to use stairs (there is no lift in the 4-storey building).
Skills and Experience
The post requires excellent customer service and front-of-house skills, solid administrative and computer skills and experience with running events (preferably in the classical music sector). Experience in the bar and catering sector is a bonus.
- Experience and proven interest in classical music
- Minimum of one year’s experience in events administration in the music sector
- Excellent customer service (ideally with front of house experience) and communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Finance management experience
- Pro-active team player
- Computer literate in MS Office applications
- Social media experience
- (Preferred) Website maintenance experience
- (preferred) Hospitality experience