Bookings and Customer Service Coordinator
· Greeting and welcoming visitors both in person and by phone at Callender reception (NMM), reception desk at PPMCC and the bookings office.
· To actively cross sell tickets and merchandise (e.g. tickets to Museum events and Guidebooks) to all Museum sites to enhance the visitor experience.
· Fulfill the needs of the switchboard by answering calls and enquiries.
· Process all Museum activity bookings (including learning, travel trade, groups and catering), from initial point of contact to end.
· Deal with all enquiries and resolve problems, ensuring the response follows RMG Customer Service procedures and processes.
· Monitor and Respond to complaints and feedback (including social media).
· Manage all urgent visitor notices on RMG website and update ticket prices when needed.
· Promote RMG sites and events. Upsell tickets where appropriate.
· Develop and communicate your knowledge (of RMG sites, gallery contents, RMG activities and retail products) to external enquirers, ensure feedback is passed onto relevant staff.
· Generate reports and collate data for internal departments.
· Work closely with the front of house teams to ensure there is effective communication, around all bookings and commercial activity.
· Monitor all systems and the website to ensure optimum performance and accuracy, reporting any issues to the Bookings and Customer Service Manager.
· Perform a variety of administrative duties.
· Have exceptional standards of personal presentation, wearing smart clothing and ID at all times.
· Be aware of and adhere to RMG procedures and policies. Ensure safety, security, and compliance of the reception area.
· Work as part of a team to promote the RMG values.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
Skills and Experience
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong Sales Skills
· A calm, courteous, polite and professional manner.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· A strong background in all Microsoft Office programs. A willingness to learn new systems where needed.
· The ability to solve problems, remaining calm and professional and to ask for assistance where necessary.
· A willingness to learn and develop
· Reliable and flexible
· A great team player
Terms and Conditions: Your core hours of work will be 36 hours per week net (i.e. excluding 1 hour per day in rest breaks), with shifts between 8am and 6pm including weekends and bank holidays. Shifts will be variable and subject to operational requirements.