Barista - Immediate start available
For nearly a century in the business, Caffè Terra has expanded from Milan to London. This is a very exciting time in the history of the Caffè Terra brand, having just launched our first store here at the beginning of April at 4 Rathbone Square W1 and our second one at 76 Edgware Road W2 at the beginning of July and we would be thrilled to have you on board as part of our team!
We are looking for new Barista to join our work family at Caffe Terra. As a Barista, you will be preparing hot and cold beverages and providing passionate customer service. You will be the face of the Cafe to create a warm and welcoming work family atmosphere that is a Caffè Terra value, whilst being part of an efficient and effective team that delivers on commercial expectations.
You will obsess over details to please every individual in our customer base, including all our neighbours from the millennials to the millionaires, other retail teams and office workers, to tourists, families, shoppers and friendly commuters. You will bring a keen awareness of health and safety, food hygiene and excellent customer service to the store.
The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate, enthusiastic and have a positive can do approach. Ideally you will have prior experience in a food/coffee retail environment, including fresh food and coffee. In this role, there are amazing career progression opportunities and we will train and develop you every step of the way to be our next Team Leader.
As a Barista, your role will be to:
- preparing the cafe for opening and closing as necessary;
- providing passionate customer service and building customer relationships;
- know and learn all recipes to all beverages served, including coffee, tea and juices;
- serving beverages quickly to a high standard;
- preparing and serving sandwiches and cakes;
- paying attention to allergen information and how to support a customer with special requirements;
- creating displays of stock with attention to detail;
- keep the coffee and juice areas and front of house area clean, tidy and presentable at all times;
- taking payments securely;
- working closely with the team to support the smooth running of service;
- have the ambition to succeed;
- have the desire to work with a dynamic, multicultural team where no one day will be the same
- the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding industry and maintain an atmosphere of can-do support across teams;
- trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- flexibility: the ability to roll up your sleeves and become a valued member of our team, and instil these values in your own team;
- the desire to learn, have fun and build good relationships
In return, we will treat you to amazing benefits such as:
- competitive salary
- free meals on shift plus a generous discount on Caffe Terra food and drinks;
- training to make sure you’re always up to speed and aiming for the next level;
- 28 days holiday p.a. (including bank holidays);
- enrolment in the company pension scheme;
- team nights out - work hard, play hard!
If this sounds good to you then don’t miss the opportunity to join our Team.
Skills and Experience
Barista experience - one year