Assistant Garment Technologist
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join our Womenswear Technical Team on a full time, permanent basis, based in our Central London Head Office! In return you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
As our Assistant Garment Technologist, you will assist the Womenswear Technical team throughout the sample fitting and approval process to ensure garments are delivered on time and to a high quality.
Skills and Experience
Responsibilities of our Assistant Garment Technologist will include:
- Measuring and fitting all samples, including approving pre-shipment samples for tailoring, outerwear, denim and all soft Woven categories
- Chasing suppliers for all 3 correct pre-shipment samples with the correct garment trims and packaging
- Booking on all 3 pre-shipment samples onto NOVA. Handing out the e-com and buying samples to be transferred
- Transferring samples from the department to the warehouse and managing the movement of ‘free’ stock
- Analysing and approving AQL reports before shipment leaves the factory
- Supporting the team on day to day functions including Vision as directed
- Assisting the Technical Manager with returns meeting by collating store and gold seal samples to compare fit and fabrics where high returns are seen
- Calling stores for feedback on styles that are not meeting sales targets.
- To make regular, scheduled shop visits in line with trends and competitors
Our Assistant Garment Technologist will have the following skills and experiences:
- Entry-Level to Middle Weight Level technical experience is essential
- A good knowledge and understanding of garment construction, pattern cutting, fitting and grading
- Adaptable to change with good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and excel is essential
- Excellent understanding of testing, analysing test reports and garment care
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to multitask, whilst still ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
If you think you have the skills and experience required to start your story as our Assistant Garment Technologist, don’t miss out - apply now!