Our client is a highly innovative and successful contemporary British designer and artist. We are looking for an Assistant Designer to join his small team in the heart of Soho. You will be highly adept at Adobe Photoshop to digitally translate his artwork and assist generally in the studio.
You’ll have an excellent relevant degree from a top fashion college and be eager to apply your skills and creativity to this role. We’ll provide the opportunity to put your experience into practice and further develop your skills, with plenty of opportunity to take on new challenges.
We would like to see a portfolio developed through your studies or from hands on experience, clearly demonstrating your style. You’ll be ambitious and passionate, self-driven and hard working.
Technical skills needed for the position:
· An excellent understanding of Photoshop to create artwork for graphics or scanned images; image manipulation, composition and an understanding of complementary colours and colour boards
· Technical spec/ CAD support using Adobe Illustrator, intermediate to advance
· An understanding of garment and accessory technical drawings for factory specification, repeat prints and vector graphics for laser cutting and digital embroidery
· Knowledge of various fabrics and their properties
Skills and Experience
Other essential skills required:
· Ability to work effectively on several projects simultaneously
· Commercially minded, adapting quickly to business needs
· Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box and an eye for detail
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
· Strong team player who is able to work under pressure
· High work ethic, integrity and reliability with a “Hands on” attitude
· Great time management skills
· Flexible in approach and driven to get the very best result in everything they do
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain work closely with one of the country’s most exciting young designers.