Assistant Design Manager
- To co-ordinate external consultants, contractors and suppliers throughout the Technical Services process to ensure that Cheval is represented to professional standards.
- To liaise with Project Planning and Design Managers and Technical Services Director, General Managers and the operational teams to ensure the design process runs to the company brief.
- To report on a regular basis to the Technical Services Director on key decisions, programme, quality and cost issues
- To be aware and recommend new technologies and techniques into specific projects to ensure that the company meets legislation requirements and produce the most appropriate finished product.
- To produce and update on a monthly basis a report on the Design lead issues of projects and project teams. Proactive management of issues before they become major problems to a project is essential.
- To assist with and produce a scope of services for each design consultant of the design process for inclusion in each consultants appointment.
- To assist in the production of a design programme for each project at the feasibility stage of a project to allow a detailed design programme to be formulated.
- To visit potential design opportunities with a view to carrying out and drawing a feasibility study prior to the company undertaking a new design opportunity.
- To assist in the interior design projects and make recommendation as appropriate.
- To attend project team meetings on a regular basis to witness progress on design and meet with consultants and contractors during construction to ensure the quality of projects is delivered.
Skills and Experience
To be proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, PowerPoint and have a good understanding of FF&E. To£ hold a degree or certificate in Interior Architecture or Interior Design.