PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To work as part of the support team in helping the academy in attaining its aims and objectives by providing timely and effective assistance to all teaching staff in the Learning Area and beyond. Support in the creation of an inspiring learning environment and support whole academy events and initiatives.
1. Provide timely and effective preparation of materials for lessons, through regular liaison with teaching staff.
2. Preparation of all equipment for practical lessons throughout the school.
3. Ensure that equipment is kept clean and that all aspects of health and safety are observed and best practice recommendations are followed.
4. To clear and tidy workplaces and preparation areas after lessons and at the end of the day
5. Checking and compiling stock lists for materials and resources. Ordering materials and equipment as necessary.
6. Assist students with practical work as directed.
7. Show initiative and creativity in displaying student work across the academy (in line with academy curriculum themes where relevant), with the aim of celebrating our successes and inspiring learning.
8. Work with all subject areas and the Communications Manager to prepare whole academy displays for events.
9. Manage a running program to update the GCSE progress displays and work with the House Coordinator and the Year Leads to update their relevant boards.
10. Alongside the D&T technician and Facilities team, support the creative arts team to prepare props and costumes for stage productions and performances.
11. Any other duties relevant to the post
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will:
1. Be educated to at least A Level or equivalent in a related subject. A ceramicist is desirable.
- Able to prepare classrooms for different lessons using a range of materials
- Physically able to cope with moderate lifting and moving between three floors
- Prepared to provide class practical demonstrations
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and good subject knowledge, offering both technical advice to both teachers in lesson planning and students when assisting in lessons.
Preferably, all of these should be geared towards A Level students, however as A Level will commence a little later, initially the needs are for expertise in supporting GCSE work
It is not essential that candidates should be familiar with all aspects of the curriculum initially, but there would need to be a commitment to undergo training and develop personal understanding and capability in all three areas.