Paid internship - Events Assistant
Westminster Forum ProjectsView Profile
- Helping under guidance with research on issues, emerging trends, possible speakers and contacts across the policy landscape;
- Assisting with stakeholder research to make sure that our conferences are inclusive, and that all groups of interested parties have the opportunity to discuss important developments;
- Providing administrative support, including liaising with speakers and chairs;
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions.
Who Would Benefit?
Help contribute towards the preparation of policy conferences on some of the most important issues being examined by legislators, governments and stakeholders.
Westminster Forum Projects is offering a limited number of paid internships. They will be for an initial period of 3 months, with the mutual option to extend - or, in some cases, to join our permanent staff.
Successful applicants will gain valuable work experience in a demanding but very rewarding environment - the company is commercially focused and growing, and has a strong ethical heart.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial; and
- Important occasions for policymakers in governments, parliaments and assemblies, as well as businesses, charity and action groups, professional organisations, academics, and others that are interested in or affected by the issues.
Please see our website for further details on the programme.
What we’re looking for:
- Quick learners, including bright graduates, who are interested in the policy process - and are able to hit the ground running; and
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and the rest of the 80-strong team is always on hand.
- Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy, growing consistently for more than 15 years;
- Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, professional bodies, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups;
- Based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links, and occasionally at conference locations;
- People who work here are encouraged to develop, and take on added responsibilities - and there are plenty of opportunities for career progression within the organisation.