- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites ;
- Determining size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size;
- Creating visual assets for our social media channels;
- Designing elements for our websites, creating web banners, and designing emails;
- Creating leaflets, posters, and shelf displays;
- Determine the message the design should portray;
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message;
- Select colours, images, text style, and layout;
- Present the design to clients or the art director.
Who Would Benefit?
The British Academy of Jewellery is the UK’s leading independent training provider for the Jewellery Industry.
Since 1999 our ethos has been to create innovative, substantial training that ensures people coming through our programmes are equipped with the full professional skills, knowledge and acumen needed by the jewellery trade or to set up as a practising designer/maker.
The Academy is at the forefront of training the next generation of jewellers, designers, artisans and designer/makers and has to date educated over 10.000 individuals, almost three quarters of whom are now working in the jewellery sector.
BAJ alumni win prestigious national and international awards for jewellery making, goldsmith skills, silversmith skills, CAD design and design. Our students on programme get the opportunity to create individual pieces and collections to live briefs from jewellery businesses, the best of which goes into commercial production.
We help thousands of people a year make informed choices about getting in to creative careers - from young people still at school to older entrants to the trade who are switching careers – and everyone in between.
The purpose of the role :
At BAJ, the learning never stops! When you join BAJ you tackle important projects early on. You don’t shadow. You don’t make copies. You dive into meaty projects right away that challenge you to find creative solutions to complex problems. Our marketing team is looking for a Graphic Designer.
We are looking for a passionate designer to work with our digital and marketing teams drive the visual identity of the company and all our brands. Working across business units, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in our success at marketing and promoting our courses, trainee ships, diplomas and Apprenticeships to learners and employers. To help develop a range of branded, engaging and suitable marketing collateral including learner and employer brochures and fact sheets, event invitations, programme and exhibitions information.