Design and Product Development Intern
Williamson-Dickie Europe LtdView Profile
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Working on and maintaining the Footwear Critical Path tracker to ensure development is running to time.
- Liaise with oversees suppliers on a day to day base to ensure the correct execution and understanding of designs and requirements.
- Manage trim cards, materials and sample library.
- Through using Computer Aided Design amend technical files so design information is kept up to date.
- Work with marketing to ensure photographic and promotional samples are available on time according to the marketing calendar.
- Research the footwear market with a focus on safety footwear.
- Studying for or have completed a design related degree specialising in footwear.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong creative handwriting
- Have the ability to interpret product briefs.
- Strong computer skills – competent in Microsoft Office
- Good communicator
Who Would Benefit?
We have an exciting opportunity for a design and product development internship. This role is focused on the footwear area of our business but as part of the Product Development team you will get an opportunity to experience all areas of workwear apparel design and development as well. In this role you will become fully involved in the creation and execution of the footwear collection for Dickies.
So, if you’re imaginative, hardworking and energetic with a passion for good design, technology or execution, you may be just the person we’re looking for. You will work well within a team, be able to work under your own initiative, as well as multi-task and prepared to go that extra mile to get the job done.