Careers and Employabillity - UAL
This role is funded as part of the Graduate Internship Scheme run by UAL’s Careers and Employability team. Our team strive to support UAL students who are underrepresented in the creative sector.
This scheme creates paid internship roles for UAL students who are underrepresented in the creative industries. In order to apply for this post, you must have:
• Graduated from a BA course at UAL in 2017
• Been enrolled as a home student
• Come from a family where neither parent/ guardian has completed a University degree
Please do not apply if you do not meet these eligibility criteria.
Feminist Internet background
Feminist Internet started as part of a UAL-wide initiative, UAL Futures. Despite huge progress, society still has problems when it comes to gender equality. These include the relentless commodification of women’s bodies, the dominance of males in the technology sector, the gender pay gap, the marginalization of women from black, Asian and ethnic minorities, and prejudices expressed towards members of LGBTQ+ communities. The Feminist Internet project is here to intervene, building an equal and just internet for all. In September 2017, 16 UAL students from a range of disciplinary backgrounds and colleges came together for 10 days to create a Feminist Internet Manifesto, and prototype projects that embody its principles.
Please read the eligibility section. In order to apply you must meet this criteria.
If you meet these criteria please apply by sending:
• Your CV, and
• A link or PDF of your portfolio (if relevant), and
• A covering letter answering the questions below,
1. Why do you want this role?
2. What previous experience do you have that makes you suitable for this role?
3. Tell us about something you’ve organised that you think has been successful,
4. What is your interest in technology and social equality? / What is your interest in the Feminist Internet
In the body of your email please confirm that you meet all of the eligibility criteria and give details of:
• Your student ID number (when you were enrolled at UAL)
• Your full name
• Your telephone number (we will only use this to contact you about the interview or if there is any information missing from your application).
If for any reason you’re unable to provide any of this information, or cannot find it please get in touch by email and we will do our best to assist you.